Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Light On Spoliers, Heavy on Squee Preview of Supernatural 9.12 "Sharp Teeth"


Huh.

I feel like this episode is being kept a secret from us or something! Mainly because this week there was no sneak peek released. At least not yet. 

Did they think it would be too spoilery? Why? What happens? WHAT? WHAT HAPPENS?

*panics alittle* 

Geesh. It makes me want this episode even more than I already did... and that is A LOT (as you can probably tell.)

So what do we know? How about we look at the synopsis.

GARTH RETURNS - After finding out that Garth (guest star DJ Qualls) is in the hospital, Sam and Dean go to check on him. Still carrying the guilt over Kevin, Dean lays into Garth about disappearing and demands to know where he's been. Garth makes an excuse and then hightails it away from the guys. Confused as to why Garth would run from them, Sam and Dean do some investigating and are stunned by what they find. John Showalter directed the episode written by Adam Glass (912).

Great team! John Showalter last directed the opening episode, "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here", which was a cracker and Adam... well I think we're all pretty versed with Adam's work and wonderful interaction with the fandom. He's a true Supernatural fanboy. Whether you dig his stuff or not, you can't doubt that. For me, "Bad Boys" has been an episode highlight of the past few seasons, harking back to all the things that made me fall in love with this show and these glorious brothers. (If you didn't read my love filled review of "Bad Boys" check it out here.) So I'm looking forward to seeing what Adam does with our favourite brodependent duo, what with them being in such an icky place emotionally and all. We know that they aren't going to repair their relationship overnight, but here's hoping they at least takes steps towards understanding. If Adam's teasing tweets are anything to go by, I think we're in for a world of feels!



The boys finally air it all out. Plenty of boy drama. OH YES! I hope they do... But not all yelly and punchy. Please not yelly or punchy.

Anyhoo, let's look at the one measly 20 second promo!


Do you think the CW would actually pop a major plot point in a promo? Well, probably, they have before, though I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to find out that there's a bit more to Garth's "I'm a werewolf" statement. 

But to be honest...all I see is the Winchesters kicking down a door TOGETHER.

Hey, at least their talking.

Now, this is the promo that was released before the end of hellatus a few weeks back, that has footage from the first 3 episodes. I'm including it, because there's some stuff from "Sharp Teeth" in here. Check it out.


So Garth gets hit by a car and the brothers go to see him in hospital. Do you think that they get to him independently of each other? Like maybe someone from the hospital calls one of them and that brother calls the other? Like in a family crisis. Or does Garth call them? Just. I want to know all right? Because once again, all I see is the Winchesters TOGETHER.

Praise be to Chuck. Let's hope they stay together so they can damn well work out their crap! No more stowing it!

One thing I have to say, Garth has always been an insightful guy when it comes to the brothers and he has in the past, pointed things out to each of them about their relationship. And he manages to do it in an awesome non-confrontational way. So I have hopes that Garth will be another person on the outside of the brother's relationship who looks in and gives them a different perspective. Sooner or later they've got to listen, right? RIGHT?

Okay... we also got some promo pics today. 

SPOILER ALERT... THEY'RE HOT!



Told ya! You can check out the rest of the promo pics (and my ridiculous running commentary) here.

Now, if by some chance we get a sneak peek late in the day I shall add it. And of course, I shall add the CHCH promo when/if it drops!

So what are your thoughts?

  • Is Garth really a werewolf?
  • If he is, how do you think the bros will handle it?
  • How do you think Sam and Dean come back together?
  • Do you think Sam will take one of the cars from the bunker garage? He has to get places! 
  • Do you think Dean will go back to the bunker?
  • Do you think the brothers will actually TALK?
  • Is this the beginning of the long road back to where we thought they were at the end of "Sacrifice" GAH!
  • Will I cryyyyyyyy?

Let me know your thinky thoughts!

Eeeeee! New Supernatural! 
-sweetondean

STOP THE PRESSES

Here's the CHCH promo!


Um. Dramatic music much? Good grief. Sorry, promo producer coming out on me!

Not much here...

I'm still thinking there's more than meets the eye to the Garth is a werewolf thing. Yes/Yes? Yes/No?

NOT LONG NOW AND WE'LL KNOW!

Woohoo! 
-sweetondean (again)

P.S. In case you're jonesing for more, here's a spoilery interview with DJ via Zap2it. It is pretty spoilery about a couple of aspects of this episode (not the werewolf stuff though), so clickity click at your own peril! Read it here.