Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Light on Spoilers, Heavy on Squee Preview of Supernatural 9.19 "Alex Annie Alexis Ann"



That week went quick! Geesh. I feel like I haven't even finished absorbing the last ep and here we are at the new ep. Yay! But oh noes, only 5 eps to go until the end of the season, and this week the crew wrap season 9. They wrap season 9! Didn't it just start?

Anyhoooo... When we last saw the brothers Winchester they had joined forces with their fine feathered friend, Castiel to get the jump on Gadreel and Metatron. But it all went pearshapped as these things tend to do and Cas got nabbed by Meglomaniacatron and the boys had to trade their prize catch, Gadreel to get their buddy back. But not before Dean, fuelled by the Mark of Cain, beat the snot out of Gads. Like, the snot. Like beat himsenseless. Like an angel. Senseless. Unconcious even.... NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD.

Oh and Gabriel was back! Except he wasn't.

And Dean took a shower..... *sigh*

Which brings us to this week's episode! Let's check out the synopsis.


SUPERNATURAL “Alex Annie Alexis Ann” 

SHERIFF MILLS TRIES TO SAVE A YOUNG GIRL FROM A VAMPIRE NEST — Sheriff Mills (guest star Kim Rhodes) calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) after she kills a vampire who attacked a prisoner named Annie (guest star Katherine Ramdeen). They discover Annie was kidnapped by a family of vampires who use her as bait to lure in humans they can then feed on. Sheriff Mills tries to rescue Annie from her captors, but finds out the hard way that family always comes first. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#919).

This is Mr Pleszczynksi's first episode of Supernatural, but he has quite a TV directing pedigree. This is Robert Berens' third episode, having written 2 others this season, "Heaven Can't Wait" and "Captives" both of which I thought were pretty good! But then I haven't thought any of season 9 isn't pretty good. First season ever where there's not been an ep I consider, meh!


Kim Rhodes. I loves her. I harbour an epic girl crush on Ms Rhodes. She's all kinds of awesome as is her character, Jody Mills.

I love Sheriff Mills' relationship with the boys. She's not a mother figure but she's a grown woman figure who can and will put those two in their place if needs be (because they need it sometimes). I particularly like her relationship with Sam. She's spent more time with Sam than with Dean and there's a comfortable closeness to their relationship that I like. I can see them talking, hours into the night, I could totally see them doing that. I wish they would.

This will be Jody's 8 appearance in Supernatural. That's a lot! And a worry. The longer she sticks around the more terrified I am they're going to kill her. I don't want that to happen, I like her a lot. She's my favourite human female character on the show and I don't want her to die. But I feel like that might be inevitable! And that would make me terribly sad...even if I understand from a story point of view, why.  Like Kevin. With hindsight, we can see that his death was the catalyst for the story to come around the brother's relationship, Dean's mood and how that led to his accepting the Mark of Cain willy nilly and Metatron and Gadreel being on their hit list. So yeah, heartbreaking as it was, I now can see the place that Kevin's death has taken in context of the story. Doesn't make it any less sad, but does make it somehow understandable. But I still don't want anything to happen to Jody! Story be damned!

I'm looking forward to seeing her fresh take on the brothers' situation and her fresh take on Dean. I'm hoping her and Sam with have a natter...because I love those two together and Sam could do with having someone to talk to right now. So I hope that maybe that might happen. Someone from the outside always gives the boys and us a new slant on the picture.


This episode does sound monster of the weeky but I bet you anything there's some reference to the MoC. Because Dean seems to be getting really rather strong (and buffer). Oh looky...I think he's going to cut off that Vamps head pretty easy. I hope that quenches the rage inside for a minute!

Oooo I've been crapping on! Let's look at the promo from the CW!



GET YOUR FANGS AWAY FROM JODY!

Okay...let's look at the sneak peek, then we can talk.



I had to watch this clip like 5 times because I kept getting distracted by the pretty. SO MUCH PRETTY. Dean's eyes are the colour of happiness! Seriously....play it again and concentrate on Dean's pretty eyes....

Are you back? 

Okay...

Vampires. I kind of like vampires and the vampire episodes. The bros are right, they have seen this behaviour in vamps before, if you think of the Alpha and his children that he kept around for feeding (I was always icked out by that).

But I do not like Jody all trussed up...they better not bleed her dry. I'll go all Mark of Cain on everyone's ass if they do!

Look who else is trussed up... must be Tuesday.


Poor Sammy! Geesh, that's the last thing he needs after all his poor health in the past couple of seasons due to Heavenly trials and broken brains and sleep deprivation! He looks all pasty (but his hair still looks pretty.)


Well this ep looks like a plaidtastic Vamp romp...but I bet it's not...because that would be way too easy on us...but I hope it is...

Either way, I'll be happy to have the bros and their favourite sheriff working together on a demon and angel free job! 

Oh and, I love how Jody has embraced not only the supernatural but also the hunter's wardrobe!

Have fun with the epi! Let me know what you think!
-sweetondean

STOP THE PRESSES! Here's the CHCH promo.




Not much here...except that kiling things that need killing it's kind of our job thing, which sounds like their having a conversation about whether to killing one of the things that may or may not need killing.

Okie dokie. Not long to go now!
Have fun!

-sweetondean