Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spoilers Sweeties! Official Description of Supernatural 9.22 "Stairway To Heaven"

GASP!

EPISODE 22! THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE OF THE SEASON! (Who says penultimate :D)

Here's the synopsis:

SUPERNATURAL
“Stairway to Heaven” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

TESSA THE REAPER RETURNS — After a massive attack on the angels, Castiel (Misha Collins) calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help.  As they leave, Dean’s eagerness to bring the First Blade doesn’t go unnoticed by Sam who is worried about the cost to his brother whenever he uses the Blade.  Meanwhile, Castiel is shocked when he learns the angel that caused the attack was one of his followers and did it in his name.  Dean discovers there is a conspiracy amongst Castiel’s angel followers and at the heart of it is Tessa, the Reaper.  Guy Bee directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#922).

Okay, so Tessa. Is this where we find out that Reapers and angels are one and the same thing? That the Reapers are a form of angel or something like that? Which....as much as I know there are going to be a lot of people crying retcon and other words that stick in my craw...makes a lot of sense to me. I've always been of the school, just because we haven't seen it or heard of it before, doesn't mean that it can't exist. I mean...how much stuff in this world is there that we don't know and how often do you think you know everything about something only to find out that there's more to it. I personally like that 9 years down the track we're still learning new things about the entities we're introduced to. And to me, seeing as the Reapers reap souls for Heaven or Hell, to have them having some kind of Divine connection makes a butt load of sense. It also puts into perspective how the Reapers in "Taxi Driver" and "I'm No Angel" got killed with an angel blade and died in an angelic burst of light. Hey, maybe the writers of the show know more stuff about this story than we do! I know, I'm being facetious, but by this late in the season, my patience is about at the level of Dean Winchesters!

Wait. I gotta remember that thing that I keep forgetting... Let me go read my own words...

Okay, I'm back and balanced.

So it sounds like Dean gets the Blade back in episode 21. I wonder if that means he does away with Abaddon in 21? Then the angel thing comes to a head in 22/23? Leaving us with what is bound to be a cliffhanger of painful proportions.

Say he has given Abaddon the chop, he'll be full to the brim with Cain fury! Even if she's not been done away with, Dean having his hands of the First Blade does not bode well for our oh-so-sexy-when-he's-burning-with-rage Winchester! GAH! (And... YESSSSS!)

Sam needs to say his words to Dean about how his bro is jonesing for blood when he's all Mark of Cain fired up. He's certainly noticing and he's most certainly worried...he keeps looking at Dean with those adorable, swirly frown lines of his...but he needs to say something and soon, because Sammy is the only one who can pull Dean back from the brink. And we all need/want him to do that! Mind you...at this stage (or any stage), would Dean listen? GAAAAHHHHHH!

Angels or not, I love the Reapers, in all their forms, they're probably my favourite supernatural beings and I really adore the Tessa character. I'll be happy to see her. I hope they don't kill her, but if she's gone rogue... I hope not, because she's been cool in the past and I've always enjoyed her popping up here and there. Oh boo, I just made myself sad. Like, Meg level sad. Well...maybe not Meg level...but sad.

Directed by Guy Bee and written by Andrew Dabb. What a great duo! Guy's a lovely director and I particularly like his action scenes and Andrew Dabb has become one of my favourite writers on the show, he did "Devil May Care" and "Road Trip" this season...as well as the yet to be seen Bloodlines pilot.

So the next synopsis we get will be for the FINALE! I literally have zero idea where this is going (except probably somewhere painful). I'm so excited for the last 3 episodes of this season! Sooooo excited!

Bring it on!

Oh and...I hope they forked out the cash to get the Zeppelin song for this ep!

Let me know your thoughts and theories!
-sweetondean