Thursday, June 4, 2009

What if?

I recently saw an article talking about how they might make a new Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie -- but it wouldn't be based on the TV show and it wouldn't star Sarah-Michelle Geller. That just seemed...wrong. I know Kristy Swanson played Buffy first, in the original movie, but to me Sarah-Michelle will always "be" Buffy.

Same goes with many other characters. Captain Malcolm Reynolds could never be anyone other than Nathan Fillion; James Marsters is Spike; and Jared and Jensen are as much Winchester as they are Padalecki and Ackles.

But what if for some reason Jared and Jensen hadn't gotten those roles? If you absolutely had to recast the Winchester brothers, who could you envision doing it? I know it's next to impossible bordering on sacrilege, but I'm curious if anyone can come up with alternate names. Or, if it's easier, think of it this way -- if they were going to cast two actors to do a Broadway version of the show, who could it possibly be?