Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Is Season Six here yet?

It's been a very busy summer, and the past couple of months seem to have passed by in a flash. So why does it feel like it's been FOR-EV-ER since the Supernatural finale aired? I'm ready to see what happens in season six!

That said, I have found other obsessions to pass my time over the summer.

1. I believe it was Natalie who said she loved Haven. I know MJ has been watching it too. This is the best summer series I've seen this year. I love the characters, the setting, the weirdness of what's going on, the wondering what "the troubles" are.

2. Warehouse 13 (one of the creators of which is Jane Espenson, who has worked on many of my other favorites like Buffy, Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Gilmore Girls) is just a hoot to watch. I love the concept that they protect some of history's most dangerous artifacts, and I like the twists they come up with -- like that H.G. Wells is a woman! Eddie McClintock, who plays Agent Pete Lattimer, is going to be at Dragon*Con, so I'm going to try to see him speak. His character is a riot. And I love the character of Claudia Donovan, the essence of geeky cool.

3. I got a newer model TiVo which allows me to stream from my Netflix account. Every one in awhile I find a show that so sucks me in that I go on a crazy viewing binge because I absolutely MUST know what happens next. Though it's not supernatural/paranormal in nature, over this past weekend I started watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand and watched the entire first season in three days. I can't wait for season 2, which won't be out until sometime next year! Wah! There's fighting (I'm a chick who likes a good battle movie), lots of hot gladiators (hello, Spartacus and Crixus, I'm looking at you), that underdog element I so love, and a forbidden love story to root for. I'll just have to satisfy myself with fan vids until new episodes become available on Netflix.

4. Counting down the days until Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins comes out. This is the final book in the trilogy that began with The Hunger Games, and I can barely wait to see how it all turns out. And which boy Katniss will choose. :) Only two more weeks to wait.

5. Waiting for my own book, Winter Longing, to hit store shelves, which happens tomorrow. I've been fortunate to get some good reviews, including an exciting one in Publishers Weekly.

6. Looking forward to Dragon*Con. I'm having a costume made. I'm going to be dressing as Kahlen Amnell from Legend of the Seeker.

How have you been passing your Supernatural-less months?