Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fun with Guest Stars

I joked around here recently about how funny it would be if Lorelai and Rory from Gilmore Girls (on which Jared played a character named Dean) showed up on an episode of Supernatural. While that's a little far-fetched, I will have to say that I love it when actors and actresses whom I've loved in other roles on other shows show up on screen with the Winchester boys. Three that come to mind are...











Amy Acker (Angel) in the episode "Dead in the Water"



















Julie Benz (Angel) in the episode "Faith" (By the way, when I was at the Buffy the Vampire Slayer panel at Dragon*Con, someone asked Julie about her guest spot on Supernatural. She said she really enjoyed it and that there was a kiss filmed between her and Jensen, but it got cut.)














Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) in the episode "Road Kill."

This got me to thinking about who I'd like to see show up as a guest in the future. My first thought? Sarah-Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). There's a big overlap between Buffy and Supernatural fans, so I think it would go over well and potentially be really funny. I mean, if they can bring on Paris Hilton... James Marsters (Buffy) would be good too. Oh, I've got it...what if the boys are dreaming or the Trickster is messing with them and they think they're Angel (Sam) and Spike (Dean) and Sarah-Michelle guest stars and can't choose between them. :) Isn't it amazing what the brain will come up with when it's punchy at 2:46 in the morning?

So, seriously, who would you like to see guest on Supernatural this season or next (if there's a next one)?